Friday, August 24, 2012

Un Año Escolar Nuevo... (a new school year)

As I write this first post of the 2012-2013 there are many things that I still can´t wrap my mind around...
1st  This will be my 6th year of teaching!!! I can say confidently that I LOVE my job and feel so blessed to teach at Grand Rapids Christian Middle School :)
2nd  I must begin to set my alarm a bit earlier than usual... I am a morning person but waking up at 5:30 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays still might be a rude awakening come next week.
3rd I will be a first time MOM in October! It has been fun to watch this baby grow over the summer and now I can´t wait to meet him or her by the end of October!
4th I am actually okay with summer ending and a new school year beginning! I love my students, I love the subject I get to teach, and this fall promises to hold many blessings :) 

Here are some of my favorite summer 2012 memories! I will continue to use this blog to communicate with my parents and students of GRCMS! Enjoy :)

 A first time trip for the MI native to Mackinac Island
 My first baby shower, thrown by my cousins and two lovely sisters!
And a great camping trip at Hoffmaster with my husband to celebrate 5 years of marriage!